- Excellent problem-solving, organizational, and communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Can work collaboratively in a team environment.
- Ability to self motivate and manage tasks in a remote working environment.
- Ability to get up to speed with an existing code base.
- Ability to write well thought out, optimised, and extendable code that follows established coding conventions.
- Familiarity working with source control, specifically Git and GitFlow.
- Ability to diagnose issues through debugging and profiling code.
- Secure and comfortable remote working environment.
- Understanding of 2D & 3D graphics pipelines.
- Understanding of standard game development optimisation principles.
- Experience working on mobile, VR, or console platforms.
- Experience using DirectX or OpenGL APIs.
- Experience using JIRA or related task management tools.
- Passionate about video games.
- Computer Science, Engineering, or related degree.
Employment is for an initial 6-12 month contract period, with the intention of transitioning into a permanent position should it suit all parties. Salary ranges vary between R40,000 to R60,000+ per month, depending upon position, skill levels, and experience.